Youtube Subscribers Rejects Logan Paul’s Apologies Over Suicide/Hanging Video
YouTuber Logan Paul has said he is “ashamed” and doesn’t “expect to be forgiven” amid a growing backlash over a video he posted showing a dead body in a Japanese forest known for frequent suicides.
More than 50,000 people have signed a Change.org petition calling for the 22-year-old’s channel, which has 15 million subscribers, to be deleted after he published a video titled “We found a dead body in the Japanese Suicide Forest…”
The video, published on Monday, showed footage of the body of a man as well as close-ups of his hands after Mr Paul and his film crew stumbled across it in the Aokigahara forest.
Mr Paul later deleted the video, but not before it had been viewed more than six million times. Since then he has faced mounting criticism including from celebrities and parents for sharing the footage with his young following.
One UK mother, whose husband took his own life, has called on the YouTuber to meet with families affected by suicide after her 13-year-old son saw the video.
Mr Paul has now released a second apology after the first he offered on Twitter yesterday was criticised, including by Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner, who called it “self-praising”.
In a video released on Twitter and YouTube, Mr Paul described posting the video as “a severe and continuous lapse in my judgement.”
He said: “There’s a lot of things I should have done differently, but I didn’t and for that, from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry.
We found a dead body in the Japanese Suicide Forest…[Deleted Logan Paul Vlog]
Read more at https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=302_1514860746#pa3UFxdKw3o5X4Ib.99