Conwy County Borough will be hosting the North Wales Armed Forces Day 2015 with celebrations at Parc Eirias, Colwyn Bay on Saturday, June 20.
This annual regional event was a great success in Flintshire (2013) and Wrexham (2014), and this year Colwyn Bay will be hosting.
The event is an opportunity for local communities to show their support for service men and women and provide an opportunity to meet members of our Armed Forces.
North Wales Armed Forces Day 2015 will feature a range of activities for the whole family to enjoy. It’s a free event, running from 10am to 5pm:
- Drumhead service, with band and march-past
- Spitfire and Sea King fly past
- Blue Falcons Parachute Display Team
- Military capability demonstrations
- Eirias Extreme assault course and whacky races competitions
- Wheelchair rugby, basketball and blind archery
- Interactive stalls and much, much more…
Cllr Liz Roberts, Conwy’s Armed Forces Champion and Chair of Conwy County Borough Council said: “I am delighted that Conwy will be hosting the North Wales Armed Forces Day in June and I am sure that the people of Conwy and across North Wales will welcome this opportunity to show their support for our Armed Forces. It promises to be a great day out for all the family.”
More information about North Wales Armed Forces Day activities will be posted at www.conwy.gov.uk/communitycovenant in the run up to the event.